Hera No.1, ed.50
- Fine Art Giclee Print on Canson Infinity Rag Photographique - 310gsm
- Hand-signed and hand-numbered in a limited edition of 50, comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- Sizes quoted are in cm measurement of unframed image size
- All artworks include an extra 2.5 cm border
- Shipping included in price or local pick up from the artist's studio in Eastgardens, NSW.
- Please allow 3 business days for printing, and 1-3 days for shipping domestically and up to 7 days internationally.
- All works are made to order and non-refundable
Hera: Ancient Greece, from the Museum series, #1/3 (triptych)
The art of Ancient Greece stands out among that of other ancient cultures for its development of naturalistic but idealized depictions of the human body, in which largely nude figures were generally the focus of innovation. From about 500 BC, statues began to depict real people and heroes of Greek mythology.
Hera is the goddess of women, marriage, family, and childbirth in ancient Greek religion and myth, one of the 12 Olympians and the sister-wife of Zeus.
Hera's symbols were the diadem, the sceptre, and the pomegranate - a symbol of fertility. In some Greek dialects, the pomegranate was called rhoa, thought to be connected with the name of the earth goddess Rhea, mother of Hera.
Please, use contact form to talk about your perfect prints.